Today felt like it was the 100th day in a row where Atlanta has had rain. Everytime I woke up last night, it was lightening, thundering and the rain was coming down in buckets. Ugh. Nonetheless, Kristen and I made our daily trek to the hospital to visit Baby Reid. We were planning on a short visit, but Kristen ened up holding him, so it was a solid 2 hour stint at the NICU. We hadn't eaten lunch and it was 90 degrees in the room, so I was ready to go when it was all said and done.We visited Reid late last night and between then and our visit at 1 today, I swear to God, he had packed on some serious weight. Even though the scales only showed a half-ounce increase, he visually looked larger. The nurses, as I mentioned yesterday, had moved him into a new incubator (which is where they weigh him), so that may have had something to do with the slight change.
I guess we will see tonight if there was any further change.His feedings are up to 10cc today. Maybe I am just being a proud dad, but that is twice of what his three-pound-fourteen-ounce-thirty-two-week neighbor is eating. :)
Anyway, that is about all the news I have for today. Not much has changed since our last posting... his assisted oxygen levels are still in the 50% range and still on CPAP level 6.
Very few apnea episodes... so we are just hanging in there. Oh, and by the way, I found a few pictures on my iPhone that I didnt post last week when he was having his CPAP equipment changed. It isn't often that you get to see him without the gear and hat, so I thought I would upload those pictures as well. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment