
Reid had his first bath today. That's right, two months without a bath. :)
Unfortunately, I was unable to go to the hospital for the bath... and to be quite honest, I didn't realize that it was that big of a deal. That is, until I saw all of the pictures that Kristen brought home. I guess there will be many more baths to be had, but it would have been cool to see nonetheless.
Kristen said that it took about an hour from start to finish and said she was sweating 'like a pig' after it was all over with as they have an overhead heater so that he didn't get too cold while in the water (so, maybe I am not too upset for not being there after all). When it was all said and done, there was a bucket of dirty water and a clean baby. So clean that his hair is apparently a lighter shade of brown. :)

Other news? Reid has been going back and forth between the nasal cannulas and the CPAP. It seems that when he is on the cannulas for an extended period of time, he has to work much harder to breathe than when he is on his CPAP. For example, he had CO2 levels in the 80s yesterday, but after being on the CPAP for more than 12 hrs today, he was back down to 66 (just a tad north of 'acceptable' levels). He just isn't quite ready to be on the cannulas for extended periods, but he will be on them for times when we hold him. We have to keep reminding ourselves -- baby steps. We have noticed, as have the nurses, that he is a much happier camper since he is no longer on the steroids. Roid rage has come and gone.

On a different front, he got his first musical CD today. Alison (our music-professor-friend at KSU) had suggested some classical music for Reid and I burned the CD last night. We had the list of songs for quite some time, but I just never got around to putting it all together. He likes the music --- as do all of the nurses and even Reid's roommates parents -- apparently Alison has a good ear for music. :) On top of his fondness for classical music, he also enjoys and smiles when the cricket noise on his crib mobile plays its thing. Who ever thought that someone would actually enjoy the sounds of crickets?!?!?!?

On the weight front, he is up to about 4 lbs 6oz. As you will see in one of the photos below, he has a little 'Buddha-belly' growing.
Anyway, hope you enjoy the pictures (clicking on them will make them larger):










It’s official, Reid has more hair than Tanner. He’s looking fantastic—what a sweet monkey! Thinking of you three!
ReplyDeleteHe is getting so big! I'm so glad to see his development! Te echo de menos Kristen!
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderful boy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteReid is the cutest baby! It's wounderful to see Kristen so happy. - Claire
ReplyDelete