Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's been a very long day today that started at 4:30 this morning. Got on a flight at 7, at the office in DC by 9:15, left the office at 8 pm to grab dinner, on an hour long call at 10:30 with my offshore India team and just now sitting down to relax. Was hoping do some quick browsing on the web, but for some reason, the Internet doesn't seem to be working in my hotel room. I must admit, after pretty much living at a Westin for 2 years between Texas and Colorado, these Hilton's just don't even come close. :)

I am going to try and make this entry a short one as I am having to post this blog over my iPhone.

Blood test did come back positive for a gram negative rod bacteria. This is usually something like E. coli that is easily passed. Since the doctor doesn't notice anything overly wrong with Reid's behavior or temperment, he ordered another culture to see if the results were correct. Should know more in 24 to 48 hrs. If positive, he will have a spinal tap to see if there is an infection in his spinal fluid. If so, the duration of the antibiotic will be longer. We aren't looking forward to him having the tap done but they will administer a localized pain blocker to ease the pain. He also had a urine test today that came back negative - no urinary tract infection.

Hematocrit levels were up to 39 this morning after his blood transfusion. 40 is optimal, so he is pretty much back on target.

Eye test was this afternoon. It showed some not-so-good capillary growth. While very minor, it wasn't what we wanted go hear. They will continue to test weekly and hope that the irregular growth will stop. We have to start catching breaks soon, right?

Hernia is now on both sides. His right side was the first one for the past few weeks, but they noticed the left side in his scrotum today. They were reduced, so there was no immediate concern - frustrating nonetheless.

On a different front, the glider and gliding ottoman for Reid's room arrived today. We ordered them about 4 weeks ago and was supposed to take 10, so it was a plesent surprise. Will try and pick them up this weekend (the store wants about $100 for delivery, but think that I can rent a truck for much cheaper). Part of me thinks that I should just fork over the $$$, but I am trying to wear my frugal hat these days now that Kristen and I are officially debt free. We have had a ton of expenses this summer/fall between medical bills and getting the house ready for Reid, so, to be debt free is pretty good in our books right now!!! We refinanced on the house yesterday, so the extra $425 a month that we are now saving is going to be a nice addition to our savings accounts (Kristen is probably thinking about all the shopping she could do as she reads this). :)

Ok, this post was much longer than I had originally set out to do, so I will end it here. Time to hit the sack. Good night from DC.

2 comments:

  1. Give us a call if you want to borrow Andy's truck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. or- we rented a truck from Home Depot for an hour for $20 to bring a sofa home from a store.

    ReplyDelete