8:00pm: We had a long visit with Reid today as we got there at 2 and just now getting home at 8. I don't have time to post a long blog but there is a ton that I want to put up here, so it might have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow morning. Quickly though:
- We met with Dr. Moore for an hour and a half today, so there are a lot of details I want to share and document.
- Reid had his eye exam this afternoon and will have a follow up next week (laser surgery looks to be in our near future).
- Kristen finally got to hold Reid today after almost 2.5 weeks and was able to have him snuggle in her arms for about an hour.
- We had a little scare at the end of our visit when Reid decided to vomit three or four times (fairly large amounts) --- the vomit was brown in color and appeared to be old blood. The medicines that he is on and the stress that he is under can cause ulcers. He had a quick xray and everything appeared normal, so there wasn't a whole lot of concern. He will be put on an Zantac to help with this, but while it was all happening, he had his eyes open and his oxygen saturations stayed in the mid-90s. Maybe after he got it all up, he felt a little better?
Anyway, I will provide more details later, but I did want to get a few pictures up there for you to enjoy. The first one says it all about how Kristen was feeling after she had him in her arms again. Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment