Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Just wanted to post a quick update: I called Dr. Metcalf this morning to discuss Reid's plan and it looks like Reid will be transported to Egleston Children's Hospital At Emory University on Sunday and will undergo hernia surgery on Monday. He wanted to make sure that he was at Egleston when his next eye test was due so that if there are any changes that require laser surgery, he is already in the right place to have it done.

Reid had an echo done this morning, will probably have a xray done on Friday. He is slightly anemic (decrease in normal red blood cells) which will most likely require another blood transfusion before transport. The red blood cells help with oxygen transportation and will help reduce his oxygen requirements for surgery.

All this time, Kristen and I have been wanting to hurry up and get the surgery on the road, and now that it is a reality, there is a huge sense of nervousness that has come over me. I know that everything is going to work out, but I just feel so bad for Reid as he has undergone so much over the past 3 months. As a new parent, I have quickly become aware that his well-being and his safety are my responsibility. However, in this situation, there is absolutely nothing that I can do but sit back and pray. Not a welcoming feeling to have...

Anyway... this is the tenative plan and will update you with more details as soon as I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment