7:00pm: We are starting to get a little frustrated as no one seems to know the game plan for Reid. When I called tonight to talk to the doctor, he had already left for the evening, so I guess I will try again tomorrow. I want to know what was said with the endocrinologist today, if the meeting even took place. We are on day 7 of the dexamethasone, and not sure when he plans on removing it completely. His vent settings are near extubation numbers - we have a few BPM to go and I imagine another wean of the PEEP, but there really isn't much room to go.
We are at the NICU now and about to go eat some yummy cafeteria dinner. I probably won't post again until tomorrow morning as there isn't a whole lot to write about - his O2 is still between 30 and 36 at the moment. I am leaving tomorrow for DC and will be back on Thursday night. I am crossing my fingers that when I get back that he has been extubated!!
12:00pm: Extubation is still not on the agenda for today. We haven't talked to the doctor yet, but the nurse said it was not discussed in rounds. His agitation is continuing to grow, and I am anxious for something to happen. As a result of this, they have increased his anxiety medicine and his morphine to help curb this. On the vent, they have further reduced his PEEP to 7 and his last blood gas after the change was "beautiful". BPM still at 14. Oxygen is ranging anywhere from 30 to 40%.
7:45am: Reid's O2 varied between 32-36% overnight and they further weaned his pressure support from 6 to 5. He got a bath last night that he "tolerated". Not much else to report on this end...
No comments:
Post a Comment