Sunday, March 14, 2010

10:30pm: [Kristen’s Blog] After running a few errands we made it to the hospital today around 3:00 -- just in time for our second stroll outside with Reid. Since it was cold and a bit misty outside, our outing was short but we made the most of it. This time around we put Reid in his carrier and he seemed to like that much more rather than putting him directly in the stroller. As soon as he was situated in the carrier he wouldn’t stop smiling (as you can see in the pictures!). We took two laps around the Egelston gardens and then decided to head in. Reid’s leads were not picking up well and while he looked and acted just fine, the low saturation numbers made mom and dad nervous. Plus it was kind of chilly and I think all of us were ready to return to the warm indoors. After we got Reid settled back into bed, Chad and I had to leave for about an hour because there was a surgery going on. When we returned, I got Reid out of bed and was able to hold him for about an hour and a half. He snoozed for a bit in my arms and when he woke up he was all smiles and ready to play. He tries so hard to lift his head up and keep it in place -- he literally wears himself out practicing. Towards the end of our playtime I read Reid a book his Aunt Shannon bought him: “All I See is a Part of Me”. I wish we would have recorded this but he was all smiles the entire time I read the book. Every time I turned the page his face would just light up. The nurse, Chad and I all got a kick out of that and I am hoping he will love reading as much as I do! Afterwards we put him back in his crib and the nurse kept him occupied while Chad and I left. We think that he tends to have meltdowns in the evenings partly because he’s tired and partly because he’s been entertained for 4-5 hours and then when he’s suddenly left alone he gets mad about it (who wouldn’t?!). So hopefully this new tactic worked -- we will find out tonight when I call to get the evening update.

Reid gained 20 grams last night and his CO2 was 60 this morning. They did not do any weaning this weekend so maybe this week he will get down to 4 liters. Also, the fungal infection on his neck seems to have cleared up so hopefully that will continue to stay away.

Well, it’s back to work for me tomorrow. I thoroughly enjoyed my week off and hate to see it end.


2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you got to stroll outside again! He looks fantastic. Love the picture of him smiling in his car seat/stroller. XOXO Aunt Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what love will get you. Too precious.

    ReplyDelete