Friday, March 12, 2010

4:15pm: A pretty quiet day for Reid today. He is officially weaned off the prednisone steroid so we are anxious to see over the next couple of days how he reacts. I believe that he was on such a small dosage over the past few days, that we have probably seen all of the effects that he is going to have, but we are anxious nonetheless.

His feedings have also been increased from 28cc per hour to 30cc per hour. I guess with the recent weight gain, he is capable of having more milk.

No weaning of his flow today. I am guessing, this may resume over the next few days assuming his CO2 levels remain steady. His CO2 last night was 59. Again, I believe the doctors are worried about doing too much at one time. We also know that the weaning process from 5 liters down to eventually none is going to be a time consuming process. We aren't going to see the fast weaning that we originally saw when we went from 16 to 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment