9:00am: Happy Easter! It is another beautiful day in Atlanta today. Clear blue skies, warm weather and pollen. Yesterday officially kicked off the allergy season for me and I am officially miserable. Probably doesn't help walking Reid in the hospital garden that is full of flowering trees and blooming flowers... but it is worth every minute to get him outside (which we did again yesterday).
Kristen and I are not with our families today, which makes this holiday feel a little odd, but being away from Reid today isn't even fathomable. We will make it to the hospital early afternoon, dress him up in his Easter outfit and hopefully take him outside again. Should be a pretty quiet afternoon...
No big news on our end - Reid is still hanging in well with his 4 liter flow; his feeds are still going well and his weight keeps increasing. Last night, he weighed 6.205kg or 13.68 lbs. I was able to see a chest xray of Reid's yesterday from March 25th. While his lungs still look less than stellar, I could see that his lungs were headed in the right direction. Previously, we could see two very large cysts (one on each side) and a lot of haze (which is scar tissue). Yesterday, I was unable to distinguish the cysts and the haze seemed to be a diminishing percent of his overall lung tissue. He still has a long way to go, but it was nice to see some improvement since the last xray that I saw over a month ago. The more good days he has, the better his lungs will look.
We hope everyone has a very happy Easter and is able to spend time with their families today. Thank you again for your continued prayer and support over the past 7 months. Today is a day we can reflect on the presence of God in our lives and thank Him for the blessings he has given Reid and our family. Without him answering our prayers, we would not be where we are today.
Our thoughts are still with you all on this Easter Sunday! Can't believe that Reid is 7 months old already! I'm glad to see the progress!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you all!!!! May God bless you and your sweet family. We'd love to see Reid in his Easter outfit if you can post a picture! Love to all, Aundria
ReplyDelete