He may have had 2 or 3 all weekend and I believe that he was able to correct himself before the nurse was able to come into his room to remind him to breathe.Kristen was able to hold him again today. They wrapped him up in some warm blankets and he had a good 45 minute visit with mom. It was probably my turn to hold him, but personally, I would rather give Kristen the time with him right now. I think that she needs it more than I do (her motherly instincts have kicked into gear).
Over the past day or two, his feedings have gone from once every 12 hours to once every 6 hours, and now to once every 4 hours. I know these are baby steps, but Kristen and I are *so ready* for him to start putting on some weight. It is frustrating at times to see babies come and go in the NICU that are of normal weight (and some that are overweight, like his 12 lb roommate a few days back), so of course, we want baby Reid to be a big boy as well. However, knowing that he is perfect in every sense of the word, I can take his slightly-less-than-two-pound frame any day of the week. Time will correct these things... and we have to remind ourselves to be patient.
Off to bed for the two of us. I have neglected this blog today so I wanted to get something out here before the clock stuck midnight. :) Good night...
No comments:
Post a Comment