Looking at the blog over the past week or so, I have noticed that it has gotten a little boring. Maybe it is the person who writes the blogs that has gotten a little stale or maybe it's the fact that not much is new in Reid's little world. I guess maybe I need to think of something a little more creative to talk about???
Hmmm... How about Kristen's silly nicknames that she has called Reid??
1. Baby cakes
2. Scuba Reid
3. Cookie Monster
4. My little baby
5. My little kitty
6. Sugar plum
7. Baby cakes
Number 4 and 5 are usually used like, "how's my little baby today" or "look at my little baby". However, she commonly says this to Luna (our cat), so sometimes when we walk into the NICU, "how is my little kitty?" comes out of her mouth. :). I did tell her though, that some of those nicknames will have to stop when we take Reid out in public. If I heard someone say "hey there sugar plum" while at the grocery store, I think I would gag.
So, what else is new? Kristen is still struggling to finish organizing all of Reid's clothes. I don't think we both realized how many items of clothes that kid has and she has washed over 8 loads. The newborn to 3 months and 3 to 6 months has all been hung in the closet or folded and put away in his dresser. The rest of the clothes has been sorted, folded, and put into 2 large bins that she picked up at Target the other day. I honestly think that we can make it a long while before we even start to think about buying new clothes. However, knowing Kristen's obsession with clothes, I have a hard time believing that we will make it more than 2 weeks after he comes home. :)
Last night, I put together his swing that Grandma Hart gave him for his shower. If I had a dollar for ever curse word that came out of my mouth, I would be a rich man. It wouldn't be that difficult to put together if the Chinese manufacturers of these things invested a little money in English-speaking translators and illustrators who could draw something that more closely resembles what I am trying to do. Showing a diagram from the 30,000 foot level of something that requires a magnifying glass to accomplish doesn't help either. I am also realizing that I should start buying stock in Energizer batteries. EVERYTHING takes 20 batteries to operate.
Been a pretty uneventful Saturday so far. We took Kristen's iPhone into the Apple store because she could barely make a call. They gave her a new phone, so we will see if this one works a little better?? We are still undecided with what we are going to do tonight. I wouldn't mind going out, but staying in on this dreary day might not be all that bad either. Some hot soup and some wine may be in order. :). Hopefully we will have better luck with our wine tonight than we did last night as we opened a $60+ bottle of Cakebread Pinot Noir, only to find out that it tasted like vinegar. The cork had some leakage, so we lucked out with a bad bottle. :(
Anyway, not much else is new. Reid is still on bubble CPAP level 5. His oxygen level is 52% at the moment and has unfortunately had some high CO2 readings today. He will most likely be taking a diuretic this evening to help get some of the fluids off his body that the steroids are helping retain. This will reduce the puffiness in his face and also help with his breathing. But for the most part, Reid is stable and hanging in there. Last night, he weighed 3 lbs 9 oz.
Hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend!!
"My little kitty" made me laugh out loud!
ReplyDelete