Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Yesterday, Luna (our indoor cat with no front claws) sat at the back door and meowed as he typically does during the afternoon, until Kristen let him outside (yes, Luna, a male cat with a female name). I don't have a problem with her letting him outside as long as she keeps an eye on him. He is usually a pretty good cat and stays within the fence, but as soon as you take your eye off of him, he is gone. This wouldn't be a story if Kristen didn't forget about him being outside yesterday (as she normally does); but she did. And he went missing. This time, however, he came back within the hour. Sometimes though, we go searching for him until we find him; other times he spends the night outside only to wake us up in the wee hours of the morning with a scream as he runs up the deck steps with another cat close on his tail. I typically give Kristen a hard time and ask her what she is going to do when she lets Reid outside to go play and then forgets about him. Is he going to come back on his own?

Well, I guess this all got to Kristen as this topic became a dream of hers last night. This time, it wasn't about the cat; it was about Reid. When she woke up, the first thing out of her mouth was, "I lost Reid and I searched all over for him and couldn't find him".

Where did she end up finding him, you ask?

In a shoe.

Only little Mr. Reid can hide in a shoe!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment