4:00pm: Reid is finally off the nurcuron as of about 11am today. It will take a little bit of time to get out of his system, but he is slowly starting to wake up. His oxygen has been fluctuating between 21% and 40% today, but we knew this was going to be this way once he starts breathing on his own again. The PEEP pressures have been lowered to 8 (needs to get to about 6 before extubation) and things seem to be looking good. The dexamethasone dose has been cut in half.
He had some visitors today: Grandma & Grandpa Elley and Mrs. Alison. The nurse even dressed him for the occasion --- heaven forbid he isn't dressed for company. :)
I still haven't been able to see him since Monday. I think I am finally over my cold, but I wanted to give it one more day before I go in there. There is no use risking getting him sick for my own benefit, so I just have to hear the stories from everyone else
No comments:
Post a Comment