2:00pm: Reid gave us a little scare earlier this afternoon when his temperature was just shy of 100 degrees (37.7 Celsius). The nurse noticed that he was wearing a wool outfit and was a little sweaty, so she changed him and his temperature came down a tad (37.4 c). The nurse was also slightly concerned due to the fact that he didn't act as happy as he has been over the past few days. Not that he was "fussy", but definitely saw a change from the past few days. After a matter of a couple of hours, his temperature was back to normal --- breath of fresh air. Kristen and I have a HUGE fear of him getting sick again and this news almost pushed me over the edge.
Fast forward an hour or so after his temp came back down and Reid revealed the true reason for not acting the same -- a loud toot that startled the entire room and a bowel movement equal to the level of loudness.
And the best news of the day... Reid was weaned to 8 liter flow from 9 this afternoon! His saturations are near 100% and on 45% O2.
Reid, following suit of his techno dad, now has his first domain name at the ripe age of 6 months old. www.reidelley.com For the time being, it is being redirected to this blog but I eventually want to do something fancy with it when I have a little more time on my hands (if that ever happens).
It is getting close to the time where I shut down shop for the day and close the lid to my laptop. It has been a busy week for me and I am ready for the weekend. Tomorrow is Kristen's 32nd birthday and I am ready to relax and enjoy the day with her. If I don't blog again today... please have a good weekend and thank you so much for the prayers you are sending our way!
7:45am: Reid had a good night last night. He slept a good portion of the evening and had a CO2 of 60. Not as good as the two previous nights, but still a good gas for him.
Gas...it happens...
ReplyDelete