Saturday, February 27, 2010

7:00am: Kristen got a pretty nice birthday present from Reid this morning when she called into the NICU to check on him. He managed to sleep from 8:30pm to 5:00am. His O2 was at 32% and a CO2 of 49. Not sure how you can top that?!?

We woke up about 6:15 this morning and Kristen wanted to open her presents. If you don't know Kristen, her birthday is her favorite "holiday" of the year. I tend to think that the day after her birthday, she is already counting down the days until it arrives the following year, so I try My hardest to make it a good day for her. :) This year, I got her the Kindle that she has been wanting and she already started to download her first book for book club. She is now back asleep and I am about to go cook her favorite healthy breakfast: steel cut oatmeal, fresh fruit (strawberries, pears, apples, blackberries, kiwi and oranges) and I am going to fire up the juicer and make her some fresh OJ. We are going to head to the hospital late morning and visit with Reid, check into the hotel that she has been dying to stay at, go shopping and go to dinner.

Anyway... Off to the kitchen I go.

2 comments:

  1. What a lucky girl, you go Chad!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it's already been said- what a lucky girl! :) Glad to see your little man is doing so well today. I've gotten rather attached to him checking in on your blog- what a cutie! :)

    Frances

    ReplyDelete