
Other things to note for today:
His oxygen has been in the low to mid 40s today.
He received another blood transfusion as his hematocrit levels were down to 33. To help with this, they have pushed his gas tests out to every 24 hours instead of every 12. Next gas test is at 4am tonight.
He has been battling a little bit of a bloody nose for a couple days now. When they moved the tube out of his mouth to help with the salivating, they put it in his nose. The tube, which is a little larger than normal (to help with the venting), has rubbed his nose raw. Poor little man.His feedings have been bumped up to 8.5cc per hour.
They weaned the methadone again today and I think that it caught up to him a little bit. He was fussy when we got there tonight, but calmed down when he got into Kristen's arms and then threw a fit after he was put back in his crib. It took a little while to calm him down, but I was eventually able to get him to fall asleep (he loves his head to be rubbed).
Other than that... a pretty uneventful day.
7:45am: Reid had a good night. His CO2 levels came back down to 54 - which may be a few points higher than if it were taken from his arterial line. His O2 hasn't varied much and was at 38%.
Kristen is on her way to work this morning, so I have a quiet house to get some work done. This weekend seemed fairly productive and I feel somewhat rested - more so than I normally do on Monday mornings. I was able to get our 2009 taxes done last night and even had time to pop in a movie before bed. We are getting a decent amount of money back again this year, so it might be time to remodel the two upstairs bathrooms. You know me... when I run into money that I am least expecting, it seems to burn a hole in my pocket. :)
Love, love these pictures. Love his "buddy".
ReplyDelete