Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Just wanted to get a quick post out there before I board the plane to DC. Sure, I have traveled many times before for work and have left Kristen behind, but today is different. Not only am I am leaving Kristen, but I am now leaving *my family* behind. While the two of them are going to be completely fine for the two short days that I am gone, it just feels strange. I have a larger responsibility now and I feel guilty to leave them behind.

On a different note, while Reid's numbers really haven't changed that much over the past few days, he is turning into a new person. He has left behind his agitated self and has become a wide-eyed little man that smiles at his mom's silly talking. Kristen spent a solid three hours with Reid today and enjoyed every minute of it! I think we have finally left the stressful hospital visits behind and are now able to start that fun bonding process parents usually do right after their babies are born.

His feedings reached his new maximum of 30cc today. In addition, his milk is being fortified to add some additional calories. Pretty soon, we should start seeing a 2 ounce a day gain and a change of scenery as he moves into his crib. He is leaving his tiny little body behind!!!

Well, it is time to get on the plane. Lucky me, I have an exit row and this flight pushes me over the mile threshold for a free round trip ticket to Europe. Now if I just had the time to take the trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment