Tuesday, May 4, 2010

11:00pm: [Kristen's Blog] I don't think there is anything worse than driving all the way to the NICU to drop off milk because he has ran out of supply and then NOT see your baby because you are sick. That is how my lovely day #4 of being sick started. I do feel better than yesterday so maybe this is a good sign? I hope so. I haven't been able to visit Reid since Friday and I am getting anxious to see him, but know the slight chance of him getting sick is not worth it. Chad is out of town this week, so it makes it difficult when neither one of us is able to visit him.

Reid apparently did not miss his mommy and daddy too much though as he slept the majority of the day. He is still back on 3 liters at about 80% O2 and his feeds have been increased from 105cc / 3 hrs to 110cc. He did spit up some last night--which is not good. The nurses are keeping a close eye on it and the only thing to help prevent this would be to extend his feedings over a longer period of time. The good news of the day is that Reid passed his hearing test! The audiologist actually did the test this morning while Reid slept and said that everything looks good thus far. This is one more item we can cross off our list.

Everyone seems to agree that Reid's work of breathing seems less now that he is back on 3 liters so I am sure we will be hanging here for awhile.

I am anxious to get to the hospital and see our baby! I am hoping that by Thursday I will be back to feeling like my old self.

Please pray for Reid's lungs to grow so that we can get back down to two liters. His next door neighbor was moved to the B side (step down unit) several days ago and will be going home soon. It's hard not to be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment