Everything is still so surreal and I am not sure the enormity of this week has really had a chance to sink in. Our lives will somehow continue to move forward and we will eventually heal - but, as I told Kristen today, we are going to have many more rocky days before the good ones start to come around again. Our lives will be forever changed, but the immediate change has already started to show its face. As busy as we have been this week, our day's load seems to be lighter and less worrisome and the things that we used to fill our day with are now being filled with other activities.
And when I think of the new voids in our life with Reid's passing, one thing struck me in Reid's service this afternoon. Part of our daily routine (more Kristen than mine), was to call and see how our little man was doing. One of our primary nurses from Egleston, Bethany, finished off her tribute to Reid by talking about how we would call late night or early morning to get an update on how Reid's night had gone. While we don't have to make that call anymore, we were able to get one last update from Bethany on how Reid was doing... and I quote:
"Well, Reid had a good night last night
In fact, he didn't cry at all
They discontinued all his medicines and decided
we don't need to do any more procedures
It doesn't look like he's in any pain
He's been cooing and laughing like you wouldn't believe!
He is finally on "room air" and
He doesn't need his boppy or his swing because
The One who loves him more than we can imagine
is holding Reid in His arms today."
When things are put in that light, things aren't so bad. Reid is in the best hands and we can't have it any better than that.
I agree. These were just the best words of all. I can see they were meaningful to you as well. What a good report for all the days ahead.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and peace. Cathy
I wish with all of my heart I could have been there. Please know we were there in spirit and thinking of you all day. I will continue to pray for your strength and healing. Thank you for sharing this with us and allowing us to take this journey with you. I know he is resting in God's arms watching over you and loving you from heaven. May God's love and peace wash over you and keep you strong.
ReplyDeleteI know we missed an amazing service! You were in our thoughts and prayers today, and will continue to be as time goes on. I love the last update, truly fitting! Reid is soaring amongst the best of the best!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for letting us in on the service. We wish we could have been there! Please know that when you have those rocky days, you have family and friends here to help you through it. We are all continuing to pray for peace in your lives.
ReplyDeleteHi Chad and Kristen:
ReplyDeleteI thought of you many times yesterday as you said goodbye to your little Reid. He did, indeed, touch many peoples lives. I will continue to pray for all of you.
God bless,
Becky Israel, The Reserve
He was a beautiful baby! You both have incredibly strong, supportive families. We hope you can feel all of their arms around you!
ReplyDeleteChad and Kristen - I am so very sorry for your beautiful baby boy's passing. I know Reid was a blessing to both of you. I have thought about you three a lot this past year and have been praying for all of you. I will continue to do so always. Just know you have friends in Dallas that are here for you too. Bless Reid and your whole family.
ReplyDeleteKerri Cooper
Chad and Kristen,
ReplyDeleteI've thought about you often the past few days and have sent many prayers your way. Chad, you're like another son and my heart breaks at what I know you must be going through. But you and Kristen will go on, and you're right, your lives have been changed, for the better, by the sweet little son you had. You need to understand that when Reid stopped crying and smiled at you one day, there was something very deep to that. You touched his soul, not only his heart. As life goes on you will learn more and more of what little Reid was sent here to do. For now, he has shown us compassion, love and strength. And my son, so have you and Kristen. Let us not forget your words that when things are put in the light, that Reid is in the best of hands. Sending love, Kathy W
Just wanted you both to know I have been thinking of you so much this week. Thank you for taking the time to update us on the service. I hope you will check back in from time to time to let us all know how you are doing.
ReplyDeleteI lost my father when I was 14, and I remember wondering if I could ever be happy again. I just couldn't imagine happiness without my dad. But time does heal, and you will get through it and you will feel happiness again.
There are so many people who love and care about you. You are exceptional people.
Love from Kansas, Aundria
Dear Chad and Kristen,
ReplyDeleteI actually feel like I got to know you both and your wee trojan Reid so well in the past months even though we have never met. You will always be in my thoughts and I will never forget your journey and how courageous you have all been up until this new beginning for Reid .... God bless all of you.
Liz
You know there is love when you can feel it from simple words on a computer screen. While baby Reid had a difficult 9 months, I don't think he could have asked for better parents. <3 He will never be forgotten.
ReplyDelete